Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ike, Ellie and Robert Frost

This was Ellie the night Ike was coming into the Texas coast. We were on the webcam with Vicki and Craig. Ellie wanted to hug them. So we gave her a picture to hug while she watched herself on the computer. -I just thought it was cute.
I went to Goodwill yesterday to kill some time and ended up picking up a couple of books for the kids and one kids book for myself. It was a copy of Robert Frost poems. I remembered in 7th grade how my teacher, Mrs Leach made us memorise some of his poems. At the time I hated it but later grew to be thankful and appreciate the poetry.This was my favorite, so I thought I'd share it with whomever ...

The Road Not Taken By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
20

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the picture of Ellie & her cyber-hug! How adorable! And Frost's poetry is possibly my favorite. That poem being in the very tops! It was a favorite of my father so he always read it to us.