Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camping at Ruby Mountain with Mimi and Papa

My parents bought a Airstream and drove on up for a holiday in the Rockies.We took our pop-up and the Airstream for a little camping trip to Buena Vista. Apparently pronounced "byoona vista" by the locals. We had a great time. We hiked and explored and fished... The kids had fun.. so did Ethan and Ellie.
Breakfast at Ruby Mountain campground. Ellie chasing Chip monks
Mimi and Papa At the top of the Agnes Vaille Falls hike.
Ellie and her love of horses. She was so excited to get to go pet some here at the YOUNG LIFE camp right outside the Mt Princeton trail head. Richard decided we could take the off road trail up the mountain. I got a little vertigo and had to get out and walk down. Mom and I enjoyed the hike down the Mountain- which I prefer by foot rather than vehicle. I just do not like to be in Cars that high up with drop offs. No thank you!
Say cheese!
Feeding the chip monks at St Elmo. Ethan and Ellie loved it!

Mimi too.
Richard, "Getting the fly wet"...
ETHAN getting the "fly wet" .. Aunt Tammy should be so proud!
Agnes Vaille Falls.
Another great hike named after a courageous frontier woman.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo proud of my Ethan. We do have to get you a "junior" pole. That sure looks beautiful. i know ya'll had a great time. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Love
Aunt Tammy